1. Browser Based
2. Standalone Application
Browser Based Application
Go to link: https://apex.oracle.com/en/
Make an ID preferably given on the right hand top corner of the page. Thereafter, Click on “Get Started”.
1. Download on OTN (Oracle Technology Network)
2. Cloud Service
3. Free Workspace
You can actually try any one of them. Look at their descriptions. Click on the following marked options on the site and then click “Next”.
1. Free Workspace
2. Application Development
3. Fill in your name and other details
4. Fill in the Schema name and memory space and keep it around 40MB.
5. Fill in other Details and then click Next
For this, you can either opt for:
1. Oracle Database Express Edition 11G
2. Oracle Express Edition
The first software is actually sufficient to run PL/SQL programs. However, if you want a specialized environment for executing PL/SQL programs, download the second software as well.
Note: Oracle Database Express Edition 11G is mandatory to install.
Oracle Database Express Edition 11G:
Oracle Application Express:
Installation Steps For Oracle Database Express Edition 11G
4. Specify the Database Password and remember it for further use as it will be needed to start the Database from cmd. Click ‘Next’.
5. Click on further ‘Next’ buttons and then click on ‘Finish’ button as it arrives.
6. Now we need to run the Oracle 11g software by clicking Start>Oracle Database 11G Edition>Database Home Page.
9. Now you can re-login the new Username and Password (if applicable) and work accordingly.