In this tutorial I have explained the step by step procedure to import existing project in Eclispe or MyEclipse. I have shown an example of importing web project in MyEclipse, the same will work for Eclipse also.
Also Read: Configure Notepad++ to Run C, C++ and Java Programs
How to Import Existing Project in Eclipse or MyEclipse
1. First of all open Eclipse or MyEclipse. Now go to File > Import…
2. Select General > Existing Projects into Workspace. Then click Next button.
3. Now choose Select root directory: option and then Browse to the location where the project is present. After that click on OK and then Finish button.
4. Now you successful imported the project. To run the project just right click on project folder and then goto Run As option to run.
If you are getting any problem then comment below. I will try to help you.
14 thoughts on “How to Import Existing Project in Eclipse or MyEclipse”
help me to make forgot page using java eclipse(mars.1)
When i go to Run As option it doesn’t show the third option (3MyEclipse Sever Application). What must i do?
which IDE you are using?
same problem using eclipse java mars
Same problem i am suffering………3rd option not show..in eclipse..please..response..us..?
Not getting the third option in run as..I am using Eclipse indigo.
While i run the project i getting a error..”the web page can’t be found”
Which version of ecclipse I have to use
when i deploy project in myeclipse then run as server option is missing .
please help me how to run this project.
how to run banking system project form xampp .
i have successfully imported online banking project into eclipse but there is an error in web.xml file in web-inf folder as shown below,
for the code line in web.xml= xsi:schemaLocation=”http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
Multiple annotations found at this line:
– schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document ‘http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-
app_2_4.xsd’, because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of
the document is not .
– cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element ‘web-app’.
When I try to run the file it shows nly one option that is java application where as it won’t show tat my eclipse server application and more over the error is *selection does not contain a main type*
can you shoow me how to run on eclipes, there is no option of eclipes server application option
I did exactly same but still when I run my application it is showing selection doesn’t contain main type