This tutorial will guide you how to backup or restore mysql database using sqlyog.
It is really important to create regular backups of database on which you are working. It will keep the database safe from any kind of loss. In case any loss occurs, you can restore the database by its backup. Database backup is also useful when you want to use the database in any other machine.
SQLyog is a great tool for managing database. Below I have shared the steps by which you can backup and restore mysql database.
If you don’t have SQLyog in your system then you can download it from below link.
Download SQLyog: https://www.webyog.com/
How to Backup or Restore MySql Database Using SQLyog
How to Create New Connection
Before working with database, we first need to connect SQLyog with the mysql database. Follow below steps to create a connection with database.
1. Open SQLyog and click on New button.
2. Now give a name to this connection.
3. After that, specify the Host Address, Username, Password and Port. Then click on Connect button, if you have entered all information correctly then SQLyog will be connected to the database.
How to Backup Database
1. In left column you can see the list of all the databases. Just right click on desired database and select Backup/Export > Backup Database As SQL Dump…
2. It will open a window as given below. Just select backup location and give a name to the backup file. Then click on Export button to backup the database.
You are done!
How to Restore Database
1. At top menu go to Database > Import > Restore From SQL Dump…
2. Now browse and choose the database backup file. Then click on Execute button to restore the database.
3. You have to refresh the object browser to see the restored database. It can be done in following way.
This was the simplest way to backup or restore mysql database using sqlyog. Comment below if you are facing any problem.
1 thought on “How to Backup or Restore MySql Database Using SQLyog”
Any help how can migrate MySQL database using SQLyog in azure?