Program for Bubble Sort in C++

In this article you will get program for bubble sort in C++.

Bubble sort is a sorting technique in which each pair of adjacent elements are compared, if they are in wrong order we swap them. This algorithm is named as bubble sort because, same as like bubbles the smaller or lighter elements comes up (at start) and bigger or heavier elements goes down (at end). Below I have shared a program for bubble sort in C++ which sorts a list of numbers in ascending order.

Also Read:  Program for Quick Sort in C++

Program for Bubble Sort in C++

Output

C++ Program to sort an Array by using Bubble sort

If you found anything incorrect or have doubts regarding above bubble sort in C++ program then comment below.

30 thoughts on “Program for Bubble Sort in C++

1. PreejaAkhil

The input array does not contain the element 7 and the output array missing 23 which is given in the input.. Y its coming so????

1. Suprith

Actually the input is wrong ,see this is correct one
      for(i=0;I<n;I++)
      {
      for(j=0;j<n-1-i;j++)
      {
      t=….
      ……..
      …….
      }
      for(k=0;k<n!k++)
      cout<<"sorted…..";
      …….
      }}

2. neha bhatt

why do we use 2 for loops in bubble sort program?
    please tell!

Because each element is compared with all other elements. Outer loop indicates each element while inner loop indicates comparisons.

3. Rutamvar

Why in the first loop it is (i=0;i<n) and the second time it is (i=1;i<n)?

4. vikram

dear sir there are no change after sorting.
    the elements are print in same order in which I have entered
    please help…..

5. Fahad Khalil

Outer loop indicates each element while inner loop indicates comparisons.

Since outer loop starts with i=1 & i<n then won't it make the loop run n-1 times only…
    I think to initialise i=1 is necessary because of j<n-1 factor at the inner loop…

So shouldn't the outer loop be like
    (i=1:i<=n:++I)

6. Amid

Dear sir, can you please rewrite the program printing the array step by step, passes by passes and rounds by rounds. And can you please explain to me whats the difference between the two. I just really need to learn more in programming. If you’re not to busy sir/maam

7. nish

is this correct for bubble sort?
    void sort(int arr[],int n)
    {
    for(int i=0;i<n;i++)
    { for(int j=0;jarr[j+1])
    { int temp= arr[j];
    arr[j]=arr[j+1];
    arr[j+1]=temp;
    }
    }

array size can’t be variable, it should be constant.

1. Chayan

But why the array size can’t be variable??
        If i take the array size of 50, I cannot sort more than 50 elements….so if i want to have array size of my accordance what should i do??

In that case you have to dynamically allocate memory at run time.

8. Anurag

Sir, in the loops ain”t we supposed to be using “i++” instead of “++i”? Because, in case of prefix (++i), the value of i gets incremented even before a single iteration!

In this case both ++i and i++ will do the same work. Problem occurs when we are using it in some arithmetic expression.

9. Kaylio

Hi!

I’m sorry, but what does

for(i=0;i>a[i];

mean? The first input gives the array size, what does this second do? I know it’s to collect all the numbers for the array, but what’s the a[i] for? Thank you!

10. Subhajit Saha

}

cout<<"The sorted array is"<<endl;
    for(i=0;i<size;i++)
    cout<<a[i]<<"\t";
    return 0;
    }

Your code is wrong, just check the code that I have shared in this article.