Here you will learn about advantages and disadvantages of C language.
Advantages of C Language
1. C language is a building block for many other currently known languages. C language has variety of data types and powerful operators. Due to this, programs written in C language are efficient, fast and easy to understand.
2. C is highly portable language. This means that C programs written for one computer can easily run on another computer without any change or by doing a little change.
3. There are only 32 keywords in ANSI C and its strength lies in its built-in functions. Several standard functions are available which can be used for developing programs.
4. Another important advantage of C is its ability to extend itself. A C program is basically a collection of functions that are supported by the C library this makes us easier to add our own functions to C library. Due to the availability of large number of functions, the programming task becomes simple.
5. C language is a structured programming language. This makes user to think of a problem in terms of function modules or blocks. Collection of these modules makes a complete program. This modular structure makes program debugging, testing and maintenance easier.
Also Read: Basic Structure of C Program
Disadvantages of C Language
1. C does not have concept of OOPs, that’s why C++ is developed.
2. There is no runtime checking in C language.
3. There is no strict type checking. For example, we can pass an integer value.
4. for the floating data type.
5. C doesn’t have the concept of namespace.
6. C doesn’t have the concept of constructor or destructor.
15 thoughts on “Advantages and Disadvantages of C Language”
There is no runtime checking in C language.
this statement i cant understand
there is no runtime checking means in c language the bugs cannot be debug in every steps like in Q-BASIC. The compiler check the errors at the end after writting the program bt shows what errors are occurs in c langauage so, there is more difficult to find out the errors in long pages of codes.
In C Language there is no provision for run time type checking, for example i am passing float value while receiving parameter is of integer type then value will be changed, it will not give any kind of error message.2nd eg.
c=a/b; //5/3 ,ans should come in decimal but it will not come in decimal becz if integer value divides with integer value and store in float and output will also be shown in int only ie. 1.hence this is a disadvantage (I HOPE T SATHANA U WILL GET UR ANS ).
u r absolutely write
how to known application of c language
hi Neraj, i am from UAE, i study programming too. .
please help me to solve the question:
The main advantage of structured languages, Such as, C was :
a. No program errors
b. No Need to compile the program
c. Easier to find problems and errors
d. easy to design the user interface
2 answers might be correct, c and d
there is no runtime checking in c…what does it mean sir
there is no strict type checking means please elaborate it sir
Explain disadvantage of c over c++
There is no runtime checking in c
Sir….what is full of OOPs………..
Object oriented programs
But Clang/LLVM, Cygwin, Mingw support both C/++ saying C has no support for X is the same as saying C++ has no support for X. Aside from the differences in language constructs and paradigms.
iam nt understanding disadvantages of c……..