In this tutorial you will learn about installing android studio and environment setup.
Android Studio is an official IDE for developing android applications. For running Android Studio you must have minimum 2 GB RAM but 4 GB RAM is recommended. As I already told you in previous tutorial that android apps are developed in Java language so JDK is also required. Below I have explained each and every step with screenshots wherever required.
Note: The procedure that I have explained below is for Windows OS, so it will be little bit different for other operating systems.
Installing Java JDK
1. Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
2. Now click on Download button, this will redirect you to JDK download page.
3. Accept License Agreement and then download 32 bit or 64 bit version depending upon your Operating System.
4. Finally install the Java JDK.
Setting Environment Variable
For running Android Studio you need to set the path of JDK in environment variables. Follow below steps.
1. First of all go to the directory where JDK is installed. By default it is in C:\Program Files\Java. Now copy the path of JDK as shown in below image.
2. After that right click on Computer icon and then click on Properties.
3. Now select Advance system settings and then Environment Variables.
4. Click on New button. In Variable name field type JAVA_HOME and in Variable value field paste the path of JDK that you have copied earlier.
5. Now click on all OK buttons to save the settings.
Installing Android Studio
1. Go to official android developer website by following below link.
2. Now scroll to bottom of the page until you see the options as shown in below image.
3. Download the Android Studio IDE setup and then install it.
4. Now open Android Studio, for first time it will download the additional components. It is one time process only.
5. Everything done!
From next tutorial we will start the actually android programming. You can comment below if you are facing any difficulty in installing Android Studio.
2 thoughts on “Installing Android Studio and Environment Setup”
Sir, Can you explain why have you made a path in Environment variable for JDK? And if we will not make it, what problems will we face?
Dear how to import python program with android. Pls help?