In this tutorial you will learn how to configure Apache Tomcat server in Eclipse IDE.
Eclipse is a very popular IDE for developing Java applications. When you will download Eclipse, it doesn’t come with Tomcat server installed in it. Below is the step by step guide to download Apache Tomcat v7.0 and then add it to Eclipse. The same method will work for adding any other tomcat version.
Configure Apache Tomcat Server in Eclipse IDE
1. First we need to download Apache Tomcat Server. You can skip this step if you already downloaded and installed Tomcat server. Go to https://tomcat.apache.org/.
2. In left sidebar under Download section you can see all the available versions. Select any version according to you. Let say we want to download Tomcat 7.0, so click on it.
3. Scroll down and under Binary Distributions click on 32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer. This will start the downloading. It is an executable file, just run it to install Tomcat Server.
4. After that open Eclipse IDE. Go to Window > Preferences.
5. In the new window, go to Server > Runtime Environments.
6. Click on Add button, it will open a window as given below. Now select appropriate Tomcat version. As in this case we have downloaded and installed v7.0, so I selected Apache Tomcat v7.0. Then click on Next button.
7. Click on Browse button to select the Apache Tomcat installation directory. After that click on Finish button.
8. Finally click on OK button to finish the configuration process.
9. You can run a web project to test whether the server is working or not.
Below I have added a video tutorial that will help you to configure easily.
Comment below if you are facing any difficulty to configure Apache Tomcat server in Eclipse IDE.
Happy Coding!! 🙂 🙂