First, we should know that what is the scope in Data Science. So let me tell you that If you searched top jobs on the internet, in that list Data Science will be also present. So you can say this time Data Scientist has one of the most opportunities to become his career.
So, here we will discuss how to become a Data Scientist in India, and how much time needed to become a Data Scientist.
What is Data Science?
- Data: In a simple way, we can say Data is a stored Information means any information that we can store called Data.
- Data Science: Data Science is the process of using data to find solutions. Data Science uses algorithms to find the solution/ to solve complex data issues.
Here we discuss with Example:
- Suppose we are trying to book a Cab, but that time cab rate Comparable higher at this hour of the day, why are the cab fares so high at this time?
The answer is because that time everyone rushing off to work that’s why High demand for cabs leads to an increase in the cab fares. We all know this but how is all of this implemented. So I will tell you Data Science is the heart of Algorithms. So here Data Science uses a pricing algorithm and finds out which neighborhoods will be the busiest so that it can activate search pricing to get more drivers on the road. So Any cab App surge pricing algorithm uses data science.
- In data science, we use various processes in combination for design the algorithm, and by using this algorithm we solve the business problems.
- Do you know that Amazon uses our search history data and recommends the product that what should we purchase?
- Netflix is using our watched history to recommend the next series we should watch.
Now you know that how are we using the Data, Except this we are also using the Data Science in Traffic Management, Face Recognition, and Driverless Cars.
Who is a Data Scientist?
Data Scientist collects the Data and Develop, Implement the Machine learning algorithm, He uses the Advance Statistics and Predictive Analysis for extract the useful information from Big amount of Data. He also uses Deep Learning and Neural Networks to build Artificial Intelligence System. They have good knowledge in both fields – IT and business. In India because of the high demand for Data Scientists, Data Scientist salary is one of the highest.
Roll of a Data Science Job
In Data Science we use programming for implementing the statistics. For implementing the statistics we can use R or Python as well as specific requirements. In India Data Science Programmer Salary is more than software developers Because data collection, data cleaning, and processing is common now because almost every company needs to collect the customer information. Data Scientists highly demand in Delhi-NCR, Pune, and Banglore in India.
Responsibilities of Data Scientist
- Acquire data.
- Able to identify the data-analytics solution that has the most important role in the growth of organizations.
- Process and clean the Data.
- Collecting a big amount of data and converting it into useful information.
- Repeat the process to solve a problem for reducing the time.
- Apply techniques and methods of Data science, like machine learning algorithms, Statistics, and Artificial intelligence.
- A data scientist can show you amazing information about the data which you weren’t aware of.
B.E / B.Tech , BCA / MCA. (For most of the organizations in India, you need to have a degree to apply for a job but still, there are few companies like Google, IBM, Facebook where you can apply for a job if you have great experience in statistics and data science ).
Data Science Courses and Certifications
Data science course is available in many institutes but this course is often hidden in other colleges or institutes.
So here we are showing some Institutes and Universities of India that offer data science courses :
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad,
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta,
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala,
- Indian Institute of Science, Banglore,
- National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM),
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU),
- Ahmedabad University,
- Bharathiar University Coimbatore,
- Lovely Professional University
- BITS Pilani
- IIIT Banglore
- Academy of Maritime Education and Training.
So these are the top list of colleges where you can graduate or post-graduate as a data scientist.
On the other hand, if you have done graduation in mathematics or statistics and you can’t afford the fee or there is some other reason that you couldn’t get admission to any of these colleges. So here are a few courses that you can take online to gain knowledge as well as to add weight to your resume.
MicroMasters Program in Data Science
Duration – 1 year 2 months
Fee – 101933 Rs. for the full program experience
Applied Data Science with Python Specialization
Duration – 5 months
Fee – 2790 Rs. per month
Note – you can apply for financial aid in most of Coursera courses
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
Duration – 10 months
Fee – 2790 Rs. per month
CS109 Data Science
Fee – Free
You will not be getting any certificate to add to your resume but this course material is provided by Harvard which is one of the prestigious universities in the world. The course is detailed enough to make you an expert in data science.
The Data Science Course 2020: Complete Data Science Bootcamp
Fee – price can be varied according to the offers Udemy provide. It can be between 340 to 1290 Rs.
Note – Udemy is really a great place to learn and the prices are too low if we compare with any of the courses out there. But they provide completion certification which hasn’t that much value in the market. So if you just want to gain knowledge while pursuing your college or degree. Udemy can be the best place for you.
- Mathematical Skills – You should be strong in Mathematics and Statistics Because we have to apply statistical procedures for extracting useful information from Big amount of Data.
- Good in handling Data – Knowledge of Various data extraction from various resources in different forms (unstructured, semi-structured, or structured ).
- Programming Knowledge – C, C++, Python, Java, SQL, NoSql, and R. You can use any of these languages but Python and R are recommended because they have a vast set of libraries dedicated to data science. So you won’t have to focus more on writing code and can perform the same task in fewer lines of code than other languages.
- Predictive Analysis – You should have knowledge about predictive analysis because you can predict the feature on the bases of data.
- Knowledge of Framework- You should have knowledge about Hadoop, Spark or technologies related to Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Business Knowledge – You should have Business Domain Knowledge for solving the Complex Problems.
- Soft Skills – If you are going to become a data scientist then you should focus on your Soft Skills too because Industry wants that type of guy who is to be self-sufficient. So you should focus on your Communication, Problem-solving, Ability to draw parallels to real-world problems, etc.
Top Companies Who Hire a Data Scientist in India
- Mu Sigma,
- Fractal Analytics,
- Crayon Data,
- BRIDGEi2i Analytics solutions,
- MiQ Digital India Pvt. Ltd.
- Wipro Limited,
Top Companies Who Hire a Data Scientist Across the World
- Fidelity Investments
Data Scientist Salary and Future Growth
According to the recent study by Analytics India Magazine the salaries of Data scientists if one of the highest over the last 4 years. If we talk about some cities in India like Mumbai then In this City the highest salary for analytics employees can be Rs 16 lacs per annum and in the Bangalore City salary of analytics, the employee can be 14.5 lacks per annum. And the average salary of a Data Scientist in India is 7.4 lacks per annum. If you are a fresher then you can take a salary between 6 to 8 lacks per annum, and after the 2 or 3-year experience you can take 10 – 12 Lacks Package. In the Coming future, we can say the demand for data scientists will continuously grow.
If you’ve any queries or feedback related to this article, please let us know in the comment section.