Microsoft Power BI (business intelligence) is a robust analytics solution that assists businesses of all kinds in analyzing data and sharing insights. With this technology, companies can more closely monitor their operations and obtain quick replies with comprehensive dashboards available on all devices. Power BI is a set of processes, systems, and technologies that convert raw data into relevant and helpful content that one can use to drive lucrative business decisions. Microsoft Power BI certification is about studying historical data rather than preconceptions. It promotes fact-based and logical decision-making.
Power BI consists of numerous goods and services, and the value and versatility come from exploiting the separate pieces and capitalizing on how they interact. The major parts of Microsoft Power BI are:
Power BI Services
The Microsoft Power BI service is a secure cloud service. You can view reports, dashboards, and Power BI apps using a web browser or mobile apps for Android, iOS, and Windows.
Power BI Desktop
Power BI Desktop is a self-service data analysis and report publishing application. Developers and data scientists use it to build reports distributed to the Power BI service. It can generate dynamic graphics connecting to over 70 on-premises and cloud data sources.
What is Microsoft Power BI Certification?
Microsoft’s business analytics tool, Power BI, enables data analysts, scientists, and other technologists to delve into datasets in search of important insights quickly. The Microsoft Power BI certification exam assesses your abilities in the following areas: Configure Dashboards, Reports, Apps in the Power BI Service (25-35%), Data Consumption and Transformation Using Power BI Desktop (20-25%), and Data Modeling and Visualization (45-50%).
“Exam PL-300: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst,” originally known as “Exam DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI,” is the Microsoft Power BI certification. The exam lasts 90 minutes and costs $165; it is offered in multiple languages, including Japanese, English, German, and Arabic.
This certification assesses your technical competence to do the following tasks:
- Data preparation
- Data modeling
- Data visualization and analysis
- Asset deployment and upkeep
Benefits of Microsoft Power BI Certification
If you want to be noticed in the employment market, you’ll need to study for the exam and create a project portfolio that demonstrates your ability to execute data analysis. However, after availing of the certification for the program, you will build many skills necessary to grow in the field.
- Transforming Data with Power BI Desktop entails connecting to data sources, applying transformations, and then purifying data.
- Modeling and Visualizing Data provides you with the skills to create or optimize existing data models.
- Configure the power BI service’s dashboards, reports, and apps – It teaches you how to set up a dashboard, publish reports, and embed them.
Additional Certification Programs
If you’re interested in this Microsoft certification you should also check out these additional certification programs that would boost your chance of getting better jobs in the market.
1. Exam DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI now feeds Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate. The certification demonstrates that the holder can create and scale models of data and implement a methodology of analytics that yields relevant data insights as a Microsoft data analyst associate.
2. The Associate Level Data Analysis Certificate is Exam PL-300: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst: The program allows you to gain practical knowledge and skills, work on real-world projects, and create your portfolio, which will help you with your job hunt. Taking a short online (part-time or full-time) data analyst training course will help you develop the skills that employers look for in employees.
How Does this Certification Aid You in Your Future?
According to Burning Glass, which gathers and analyses millions of job postings throughout the US, the number of positions requiring Power BI capabilities will climb 34.6 percent over the next decade. The median income for occupations requiring Power BI skills is approximately $87,000 annually, rising to more than $120,000 for those with the proper combination of experience and competence. While a certification is not required to access Power BI positions, it may increase your chances in a crowded pool of applicants.
If you’re a business intelligence analyst, data analyst, or business intelligence architect/developer, chances are your next job will include Power BI knowledge as one of its criteria.
So, why is the PL-300 Microsoft Power BI certification required for Power BI? This certification is significant since it demonstrates that you understand how to handle reports and dashboards with Power BI. It also shows your proficiency in sharing and distributing content, creating paginated reports, and publishing reports to a Power BI workspace. Finally, having the Microsoft-certified stamp gives you market credibility because you’ve been validated by the business that created Power BI!