Algorithm theory, mathematical statistics, and analysis, information theory, graphs, basics of physics – all these are directions and subjects necessary for becoming in practical programming. Yes, a lot of knowledge is required, and there are even more areas of work for the carrier. Therefore, it is difficult to say clearly how a professional programmer is “born” and what specialty is needed for a particular performer.
There’s a choice, and it’s a big one. There is an advantage: yesterday’s mathematician-physicist or today’s schoolboy with basic knowledge of mathematics may become a programmer. Here, it is important to clearly define the set of needs and set up a timeline for education as a programmer. And if that education is getting difficult, it is a good idea to contact the paper writing service.
The theoretical and practical preparation of future specialists is important and valuable. But what kind of education a programmer needs depends only on his goals.
- A college education is sufficient to work on the simplest algorithms.
- If you want to participate in the global development of the Internet or business projects with millions of budgets, you need more serious training – a bachelor’s degree.
- Magistrate – a platform for “take-off” of future administrators. It fosters a way of thinking that the knowledge gained during the study will be used to the maximum effect.
Is it really necessary to get an education to become a professional?
There is no better way to have a conversation in the society of IT specialists than to raise the question of the need for their education. There are no indifferent people here. Some are sure that higher education is not compulsory, while others claim that without it, it is de facto difficult to find a job, although they do not deny that much depends on what specialty the programmer will choose.
What are the advantages of higher education for programmers:
- learning the fundamentals is easier with a well-structured program;
- Constant communication with competent teachers makes it easy to find many answers that arise in the course of studies;
- if it’s not years behind the diploma, but practice, the speed of career development will be higher.
Features of the profession
The main feature of this area of work is the rapid change of technologies built on the common bases of mathematical theory. A programmer must be able to learn quickly. And that’s what they teach you better at university.
The second point is acquaintances, the social environment. To become a web developer of a promising startup, you need to have contacts of the project organizers or those who build a team for it. From a freelancer position, it’s almost impossible.
Suitable faculties and specialties
Where to study if you want to master the profile before future self-educated colleagues, and how many years will it take to study?
- The term of study in college – from 1 year 10 months to 2 years 10 months.
- If you wish, you can start working at the age of 18 from the 1st year of the bachelor’s degree. The very preparation of bachelors lasts 4-4.5 years.
- A Master’s degree (2.5 years), will allow you to get a job in a more prestigious position.
The choice of the program depends on your area of interest.
- programmers with deep mathematical training;
- narrow experts in building the IT infrastructure of the enterprise, providing its telecommunications;
- future startup captains – IP administrators, web engineers, corporate software developers.
1 thought on “What Kind of Education Does a Programmer Need?”
Thank you for all the information you give us.
I would like to ask you how I can start learning the Python programming language.
I’m a beginner in programming.