Are you a great programming lover? If yes, then you will surely love the apps that I have shared in this article. Because they will let you do programming anywhere on your android device. These are like having mini compilers and editors in your pocket. Below I have listed some great programming apps that will allow you to write and run code for programming languages like C, C++, Java, C# and Python.
5 Best Apps to do Programming on Android Platform
C4droid is a very popular and user-friendly C/C++ IDE and compiler for Android platform. You can write and run C and C++ programs directly on your phone. It is a paid app and I personally used it. It is really great application for C/C++ programmers. Some of its features are mentioned below.
- Create your own applications on android device and run them even without internet access
- Source code editor with syntax highlighting, tabs, code completion, code formatting, file association and undo/redo
- Easily export and share your programs as APKs or native executables (for terminal apps)
- No root access is required
- Full ANSI C and ISO C99 support with TCC (Tiny C Compiler) + uClibc
- Supports Git integration
- Customize the GUI, choose where to place tabs and buttons, various themes are also supported.
- code complete, real-time diagnostics (warnings and errors) and fixes
- file and tutorial navigator (variables, methods, etc), static analysis
- smart syntax highlighting, auto indentation and auto pairing (configurable)
- compile and run C/C++ code (no root access required)
- works offline (no internet connection required), Dropbox support
Apart from this, it also provides so many tutorials, examples and projects that will help in learning C and C++ programming.
- Interactive lessons for Android, Java and Game development
- Edit, compile and run code with single click. No root access is required.
- Debug Android Java apps and Java Console apps
- Real-time error checking, Code Refactoring
- Code completion and syntax highlighting, Dropbox integration
Using AIDE you can create basic Android apps like interest calculator, 2D games and even advanced widgets like
If you love C# programming so much then C# To Go app will let you to do C# programming anywhere on your mobile. It is like having mini C# compiler in your pocket. C# To Go provides various features like code completion, syntax highlighting, etc. It is also a free app which can be downloaded from google play store freely.
QPython is a script engine that runs Python scripts and projects on android devices. It contains the Python interpreter, console, editor, and the SL4A Library for Android. It offers a great development kit which lets you easily develop Python projects and scripts on your phone.
If you know about some other good apps that allows to do programming on android platform then please mention it by commenting below. I will try to include them in this list. Also share your experience after using above apps.
Happy Coding!! 🙂 🙂