- Deal more effectively with dynamic typing
- Make your application more consistent with coding guidelines
Firebug has been around for many years and is the ‘go to’ extension for developers who create their applications primarily on Firefox.
- It has greater features than the developer tools included by default in browsers
- It allows you to set code breakpoints, so you can test results at various stages of execution
If you develop on other browsers like Google Chrome, check out Firebug Lite, which provides the same features, but in a slightly different interface.
- It allows you to inspect the DOM more easily
- You can inspect errors and find their source more quickly
Other browsers are catching up to the features of Opera Dragonfly, but it is currently one of the best testing tools available to web developers.
Internet Explorer does not have a vast plugin eco system like Firefox and Chrome do, but DebugBar is one of the better front end debuggers for the most popular browser in the world. It has all the features that you need like:
- DOM Inspection
- Cookie inspection
- Highlight the errors in your code
- Make sure that your syntax is clean and is compliant with standards
Write Code Online
Zack Johnson, a freelance writer who is experienced in developing effective marketing strategies. Right now he is working with Rush Essay and performs online marketing activities in his free time.